It’s crazy to think that only a few years ago I use to cringe at the idea of anything pumpkin flavoured. I thought who would ever want a squash flavoured latte? or dessert?I honestly can’t remember what it was that converted me to the pumpkin-y goodness but I am never turning back!
I have become so obsessed with pumpkin that it has actually come to the point where I start to count down the days to September 22, when I can actually start cooking anything in Fall Season; and then watch out! Pumpkins & Apples Galore!
Today I baked Pumpkin Streusel Bread. This is a nice moist, cake-like bread filled with pumpkin-y flavour; with a crunchy streusel on top to give the bread a little bit of sweetness. One of the best parts is that this recipe calls for a bunch of healthy ingredients like applesauce & coconut oil.
This is now my go-to recipe for pumpkin bread!
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Bread Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1½ tsp. Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 11/4 cup. All-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- ½ cup of Old Fashion Oats
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup. Pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly Coat a 9x5 bread pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine Dry Ingredients : Sifting flours, baking soda & powder, salt and pumpkin spice together first and then stirring in sugars.
- In small bowl gently combine Streusel topping
- In another bowl whisk together wet ingredients, pour dry ingredients in bowl with wet ingredients and fold together with spatula until just combined.
- Put batter into loaf pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle Streusel topping, gently press the crumbs into the batter. Bake in oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick or tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.