These cookies are always a hit! These are OoEey GoOeY, soft, thick brownie like cookies loaded with Reeses Peanut Butter-y Goodness!!
This recipe is great because it lets you mix n’ match add-ins too! You can add in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, I even added mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on for more peanut butter goodness because who can resist more chocolate and peanut butter!
**Note** If you add the Mini Reeses Cups you have to freeze them and add them to cookies once they are cooked.
I like to make these cookies for halloween because of the colours. But I also like to make them for Christmas as well and I switch from Reeses Pieces to the red and green peanut butter M&Ms.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ¾ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 2½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces or Peanut Butter M&Ms
- ½ cup Peanut Butter Chips (optional)
- ½ cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1 bag of Reeses Mini Cups ******SEE NOTES******
- Pre-heat Oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. **If using the Mini cups put them in the freezer. Make space for a cookie sheet to fit in the freezer**
- In your stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter until smooth (approximately 1 minute) Add in both sugars and cream together until light and fluffy; scraping the bowls as necessary.
- Add in the cocoa until incorporated followed by eggs & vanilla
- Sift together dry ingredients and then fold into wet ingredients. ** Dough will be on the thicker kind of sticky side**
- Fold in your add- ins
- Using a cookie scoop (Approximate size 3 tablespoons) drop dough onto the cookie sheets. do not flatten
- Bake 9-11 minutes until the edges are set. The centers of the cookies may look under cooked; this is ok
- Allow 3 minutes to cool before transferring to wire rack. ** If using the Mini Cups place 1 in the center of each cookie, then place cookie sheet in freezer for about 10 minutes to prevent the cup from melting**
** If using Reese Peanut Butter Mini Cups make sure to get the ones that are unwrapped. Put the cups into the freezer while you make the cookies.
Recipe Source : Cookies & Cups www.cookiesandcups.com